Thursday, 13 February 2014

The Cure's Friday I'm In Love Remastered: Friday, Cheese and Buns


The Cure's 'Friday I'm Love' (one of my favorite songs of all time) came on the radio in the car the other day and my son and I jokingly started singing the chorus as "Friday, cheese and buns." So I expanded on it further and rewrote the song with a food theme. Enjoy.

I don't care if Monday's soup
Tuesday's meat and Wednesday's stew
Thursday not the cordon bleu
It's Friday, cheese and buns

Monday breakfast a la carte
Tuesday, Wednesday two Pop Tarts
Thursday fill your shopping cart
For Friday, cheese and buns

Saturday fish fillets
And Sunday all you can eat buffet
Friday always worth the wait

I don't want a Monday snack
Tuesday, Wednesday pancake stack
Thursday lunchables snack pack
But Friday cheese and buns

Monday have your breakfast in bed
Tuesday, Wednesday eat your bread
Thursday gluten free instead
It's Friday, cheese and buns

Saturday fish fillets
And Sunday all you can eat buffet
Friday always worth the wait

Gulp it down
Like a hungry hound
As sleek as a treat
Come for a second round
Always take a big bite
It's such a delicious site
To see you snack in the middle of the night
You can never get enough
Enough of this stuff
On Friday cheese and buns

I don't care if Monday's soup
Tuesday's meat and Wednesday's stew
Thursday not the cordon bleu
Friday, cheese and buns

Monday breakfast a la carte
Tuesday, Wednesday two pop tarts
Thursday fill your shopping cart
For Friday, cheese and buns

No comments:

Post a Comment