So why is it that when we build our own communities, we don't apply the same values?
- Would you build a Village with lots of parking lots and busy streets?
- Would you build a Village where it is unsafe for people to walk outside?
- Would you build a Village with walls?
- Would you build a Village that is car-centric with limited transit and bicycle options?
- Would you build a Village without any local shopping and restaurants?
Of course you wouldn't. Your Village is a place where people feel happy and safe. A place where people can be together.
So for 2016, before we make any decisions that impact our communities, perhaps we should first ask ourselves: Is this something we would include in our own Christmas/Winter Village?
Merry Christmas from the Trainboat Family! And thanks to all those people out there who are working their tails off to make our world a better place!